Footweat Museum - Guest House

Guest house

Ideal space to host prestigious events

The guesthouse was created from a previous tool shed and was later transformed into a place to welcome friends. The building is characterised by a large central hall, surrounded by two symmetrical side wings and a portico. It is not certain who built it, but it is presumed to have been Vincenzo Scamozzi or perhaps Francesco Contini, another architect close to the family. The decorations of the Hall were completed in 1652 at the request of Alvise (1600-1675), grandson of the founder, to commemorate the marriage between his son Gianbattista (1624-1709) and another Venetian noblewoman, Chiara Soranzo, which had taken place shortly before. Two important painters of the time were called for the occasion: the well-known Brescian quadraturist Domenico de’ Bruni, author of the skillful play of perspectives (as demonstrated by the signature and date on the cartouches placed high up along the east and west walls) and Pietro Liberi for the lively allegories.

Domenico de’ Bruni and Pietro Liberi decorate the Ballroom.
Footwear Museum - Guest House Ceiling

©Villa Foscarini srl 2024
Registered capital: 10.000 €
VAT number: 09176660968
Via Doge Pisani, 1/2, 30039 Stra - VeneziaI

infomuseo@villafoscarini.it
Tel.: 049.980.0335


Pulsanti Iubenda in inglese